I'm 31 and was molested by my father. The first memory was 3 till age 11. Now because of this I feel I have a problem with sex. I'm almost like a nympho. I know it's my way of getting attention but how do I change this about myself so that someone could love me for me and not sex? I need self-confidence in my self, I know, but how do I get that? The only time I have that is when I'm thin and pretty and lots of people want me of course in a sexual way. I need help, my relationships never work out. It's all my fault because I've cheated and afterwards feel sluty. I do it anyway. I portray my self as a slut cause I've done some wild things and I'm very ashamed now of it all. Please help me get better. How do I really love myself and others (so as) not to hurt them. Am I this way because of my awful childhood? I have so many questions HELP ME PLEASE!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.