I thought you might be able to tell me if my "moods" could be normal or not. I have had this problem pretty much my whole life where I am never really happy and I almost never can do things that I know need to be done. If I do get anything done then my motivation doesn't last long. Every couple of weeks I will get so bad that I will not get anything done. Then other weeks I will be ahead of schedule and right on top of things. My sister says that it's not normal how I feel when I get in my bad moods. They usualy only last a couple of days to two weeks. Almost never more. There's usually not any real reason although everything bad in my life comes to light when I'm in a bad mood and seems to disappear when it goes away. I've never had the best life but that's normal. I had seriously thought about killing myself when I was younger (say 10 years old or so) but I was young and couldn't even think of how to do it really. Now that I'm older I don't think I could ever actually do it. I was just wondering if you thought my moods are normal or not. I know this isn't a lot of information but I don't want to take up all of your time. Thanks.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.