I am 30 now, was 24 when I got married and was 26 when I got divorced. I was in a abusive marriage where there was no love. In between, I was dating a guy who was cheating on me but I was madly in love with him. However, I eventually had to end it all.
I have been out of it and its been more than a year. Now is the time to settle down, as everyone is pushing me to do. Every now and then I get proposals. The problem here is that every guy I meet, no matter how good looking they are, I feel that the connection is missing. My mind and heart start fighting within me. My mind saying all good and my heart doesn't feel the love or doesn't beat the way it should.
I am stuck in the same loop and not sure what to do ? Recently I was introduced to someone who loves me a lot and is happy to do anything for me but still, I don't feel the same way for him. I wonder if something wrong with me ?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.