(HealthDay News) -- Though you can't live without them, we'll bet you haven't spent much time thinking about how to take care of your lungs.
The American Lung Association has these suggestions:
- Don't start smoking; if you are a smoker, quit.
- Don't allow smoking in your home or car.
- Test your home for radon.
- Avoid the outdoors when air quality is poor.
- Prevent lung infections by washing your hands frequently, getting any recommended vaccines, and avoiding people who are sick.
- Exercise regularly to keep your lungs strong and healthy.
- See your health care provider regularly.
This article: Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.