I have never had any luck with women; I'm 17 and I've NEVER had a girlfriend. Justly, my self-esteem is dragging the ground all the time. I am depressed, neurotic, and in need of your help. I may only be 17, but trust me, it has felt like a much longer time than that. I take Paxil for the depression, and I've talked to psychiatrists, but they don't help. I'm still lonely, but don't think I'm only trying to get a girl for sex. I'm of a different breed of adolescent; a breed that will take sex if it is offered, but will not date only for that reason. Companionship has something to be said for it, too. I'm 6'8" and 320 lbs., but the height makes me only have a gut. Maybe that is why the chicks don't dig me...maybe not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.